I will keep your contact detail and brief notes in encrypted format. I will only use your contact details to respond directly to your enquiry. If you make an enquiry but choose not to proceed further I will delete any information I have recorded after two years.
I record the following data on clients:
- Personal details in password protected files, for communication and medical emergencies.
- Phone numbers on my primary mobile, against your initials.
- Signed copies of the contract and information document are held on a secure memory stick.
- I keep notes by reference number (not your name) recording key points of sessions for my own recollection; I aim to avoid details which might identify a client. The notes are kept in password protected files.
The only people I discuss details of a case with are my supervisor and supervision groups that I belong to, with the aim of continuously improving my practice. Those people are all bound by the same confidentiality considerations that I am, and your details are anonymised.
I will not pass on any personal information about you (including information on the fact that you are attending therapy) except where:
- I believe you or a third party are in serious danger; or
- Where I would be or am subject to court procedures requiring information to be disclosed; or
- Where I have your explicit consent.
In the first two cases wherever possible I would aim to consult with you first.
You have the right of access to the information I hold on you. However any information that might identify a third party will be removed (to preserve the confidentiality of the third party).
I keep information recorded on clients for up to seven years once the therapy has come to an end.
Notice updated 20/11/2018